Plymstock School Uniform
The wearing of school uniform makes an important contribution to the tone and reputation of a school and is therefore compulsory for all students in Years 7 – 11. The Sixth Form are expected to dress in a manner appropriate to our working environment. It is recognised that senior students have more scope to be individual in their dress, as long as it is appropriate for the school environment. The school takes pride in the appearance of its students and we are grateful for the continued co-operation of parents in maintaining standards.
From September 2016 the uniform is:
- Navy Blazer with school logo
- White shirt
- Clip-on school tie
- Trousers must be plain grey (not black) tailored school or suit style trousers. There should be no tapering (getting thinner) or flaring (widening) towards the ankle. Trousers that are skinny fit/skin-tight, denim, made of heavy cotton material, contain Lycra, or similar stretchy / elastic fabric that would cause them when worn to look skin tight/tapered are not permitted.
- School skirts should be plain grey and knee-length. Jersey or Lycra material is not permitted.
- Tights – navy blue or black.
- Socks – grey or black.
- An optional navy blue V-neck jumper with school logo can be worn.
- Coats should be plain navy blue or black. Leather jackets, denim coats, cardigans or hoodies are not permitted.
- If scarves are worn they should be plain navy blue or black.
- General jewellery and rings must NOT be worn. Watches are permitted but the school accepts no responsibility in the event of loss or damage. The ONLY types of earrings permitted are a pair of plain sleepers or studs worn in the lower earlobe. Ear stretchers, spikes, transparent studs or plugs are not permitted under any circumstances, including if a student has just had their ear pierced. No other piercings (inc. nose studs) are permitted. All earrings and watches must be removed for PE lessons.
- Hair – no extremes of fashion (e.g. un-natural colours, partially or fully shaved heads, nothing less than a grade 2).
- Very light make-up is permitted in Years 10 and 11. This should be subtle and not readily visible. Nail varnish is not permitted.
- Shoes plain black school type shoes only. Trainers, canvas shoes, flip-flops, sandals, “dolly” shoes or shoes with coloured borders are not allowed.
Sports and PE Kit
Boys black/sky reversible sports shirt with school logo (indoor top) – compulsory
Boys black sky sports collarless rugby polo shirt with school logo (outdoor top) – compulsory
Unisex black shorts (non-logo) – compulsory
Boys black football sports socks – compulsory
Unisex plain black tracksuit bottoms (can be purchased elsewhere) – optional
Girls black microfibre ¼ zip top with school logo (outdoor top) – compulsory
Girls white/sky sports polo shirt with school logo – compulsory
Girls white sports socks (can be trainer or football type)
Appropriate hair ties – compulsory
Any of the following can be worn as bottoms:
Girls black sporting leggings (must be sporting and not fashion style)
Unisex plain black microfibre shorts (can be purchased elsewhere)
Unsex plain black tracksuit bottoms (can be purchased elsewhere)
Unisex plain black microfibre shorts
BOYS & GIRLS
Trainers or plimsolls (non-marking soles) – compulsory
Shin pads – compulsory
Boots – suitable for rugby and football – compulsory
*Gum shields are strongly advised for hockey and rugby.