Plymstock School’s SEND Information
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) at Plymstock School
This section of the website contains information about SEND at Plymstock School and some of the many ways in which we seek to fulfil our responsibilities to those children who may need support during their time with us.
The Plymstock School – SEND Information Report (SIR): Click HERE
You can contact the Learning Support team by email or by telephone through the school switchboard (Tel: 01752 402679 extension 264).
Local Authority (Local Offer) for children and young people with SEND and their families Plymouth Online Directory (POD) is the place to find Plymouth’s local offer: Click HERE
Plymouth Information, Advice and Support for SEND (PIAS) (formerly – Parent Partnership) telephone (01752) 258933 is the perfect place to start: Click HERE
For details of our SEND Policy, please see the School Policy section of the school website.
The Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice 2014 (updated January 2015): for 0 – 25 years states that:
A child or young person has Special Educational Needs (SEND) if they have a learning difficulty or disability which calls for special educational provision to be made for them. A child of compulsory school age or a young person has a learning difficulty or disability if they:
- have a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of others of the same age; or
- have a disability which prevents or hinders them from making use of educational facilities of a kind generally provided for others of the same age in mainstream schools or mainstream post-16 institutions
At Plymstock School we believe that:
- all children should be valued regardless of their abilities or difficulties
- all children are entitled to a broad and balanced curriculum which is differentiated to meet individual needs
- all teachers are teachers of children with SEND
- all children can be enabled to fulfil their potential through effective teaching and learning, supporting and encouraging
- effective assessment and provision for children with SEND will be secured with partnership with parents/carers, children, the Local Education Authority and any relevant outside agencies
For further information on the four SEND Areas of Need: Click HERE