All students at Plymstock School have the right to feel safe both in and out of school. If you feel unsafe or are concerned about the safety of another student it is important you know where to go and who to talk to. At Plymstock School there are a wide number of staff that you can talk to that include (locations in brackets):
Each year group has an Assistant Head of Year that deals with student concerns who are available during the day for you to talk to. They can be found in the Student Support Hub along with the Heads of Year.
There may be times where the situation you, or a friend is in, is deemed to be very serious. This can include incidents such as:
In the event of a serious situation, such as those listed above, please discuss with a member of staff that you trust and they will refer you to a Child Protection trained member of staff. Alternatively you can approach a member of the Child Protection staff directly.
There are a number of Child Protection staff at Plymstock School
· Mr Pearsall – Headteacher (based near the main hall)
· Mr Yendell – Deputy Headteacher (based on the Humanities Corridor)
· Mr Taylor – Assistant Headteacher (based on the Science Corridor)
· Mrs Littler – Assistant Head of Post 16 (based in the Sixth Form building)
· Miss Holton – Assistant Head of Year 9 (based in the HUB)
· Mrs Smith – Assistant Head of Year 11 (based in the HUB)
· Mrs Harris – Head of Year 11 (based in the HUB)
· Mrs Robb – Head of year 8 (based in the HUB)
· Ms Offer – Assistant Head of Year 8 (based in the HUB)
· Mrs Davis – Assistant head of Year 10 (based in the HUB)
· Mrs Tripp – Attendance Officer (based in the HUB)
· Mrs Summers – SENCO (based in the Den)
· Mrs Fenwick – Deputy SENCO (based in the Den)
· Ms Cambridge – Office Manager (based in Reception)
Please be assured that any concerns you raise will be taken seriously by staff at the school and we will try our best to help you.
Children’s Services: 01752 668000 or if in doubt dial 999
NSPCC: 0808 800 5000