Life Education Programme
Life Education is part of the wider Personal Development Curriculum at Plymstock School.
The objectives of our Life Education are to:
- Foster pupil wellbeing, develop resilience and support our pupils to become happy, successful and productive members of society.
- Provide pupils with the knowledge and skills they require to make informed choices about their lives and make the most of the opportunities available to them.
- Support pupils in building the skillset to effectively deal with challenges they will face in the future.
- Support pupils to achieve their goals, academic and personal,
Developing the ‘whole person’ is about supporting our pupils:
- To shape and understand their beliefs and personal values
- To understand and reflect on their personal qualities
- To develop the skills they will need in life and employment
- To value learning and achievement
- To become involved in extra-curricular activities and contribute to the wider Community
Our spiral Life Education curriculum has been developed taking into account our pupils age and stage of development. Our pupils will be provided with:
- Accurate and relevant knowledge
- Opportunities to turn that knowledge into personal understanding
- Opportunities to explore, clarify and if necessary, challenge, their own and other’s values, attitudes, beliefs, rights and responsibilities
- The skills and strategies they need in order to live healthy, safe, fulfilling, responsible and balanced lives.
Life Education and the Whole Person Curriculum incorporates the statutory requirements and non-statutory guidance for:
- Personal, Social and Health Education
- Relationships and Sex Education
- Careers Education
- Financial Education
- SMSC and British Values
At Plymstock School there are three strands of Life Education:
- Democracy and Diversity (Citizenship)
- Careers and Wider World (Careers Education and Financial Education)
- Relationships and Wellbeing (PHSEE and RSE)