Visitors to the School
All visitors to the school must follow the procedure below:
- Once on site, all visitors must report to reception first. No visitor is permitted to enter the school via any other entrance under any circumstances.
- At reception, all visitors must state the purpose of their visit and who has invited them. They should be ready to produce formal identification if requested. People arriving from agencies and other organisations will be required to produce photographic ID.
- All visitors will be asked to sign the Visitors Record Book which is kept in reception at all times making note of their name, organisation, who they are visiting and car registration.
- All visitors will be required to wear an identification badge – the badge must remain visible throughout their visit.
- Visitors will then be escorted to their point of contact OR their point of contact will be asked to come to reception to receive the visitor. The contact will then be responsible for them while they are on site. The visitor must not be allowed to move about the site unaccompanied unless they are registered on the Approved Visitor List.
Approved Visitor List
The School will hold an approved visitor list for visitors who frequently visit the school site to undertake work within the school (including contractors and supply staff).
To qualify for this list the visitor must be approved by the Headteacher or Deputy Headteachers and have demonstrated, prior to the visit, that they have a current clear enhanced DBS check and a copy of this has been registered on the School’s Single Central Record.
Visitors on the Approved List MUST follow the same procedures on entry to the premises (i.e. come to reception and sign in the Visitors Record Book).
A copy of the approved visitor list will be kept at reception at all times.